Friday, October 26, 2007

Jay-Walking Encounter

On last Saturday morning, at the junction of Wuhu Street and Poloi Street, 4 traffic police officers parked their motor cycles at the south-west corner and got off. It looked as if they were going to block off some of the streets, like what they did the last time some “state leaders” came to Hong Kong and stayed at the nearby hotel. But I couldn’t see any of the plastic tapes that they usually use to block off streets.

Two of them stationed themselves at the 2 south side corners, and the other two stationed themselves at the 2 traffic islands in the middle of Wuhu Street. I was then in a crowd at the north-east corner, waiting to cross over to the south-east corner. Before the traffic lights turned green, however, 3 women tried to cross Wuhu Street from the north-west corner to the south-west corner, and were intercepted by the police officer stationed at the island in the middle of the street.

At the south-east corner, I walked behind the officer stationed there and quickly snapped this picture. Just as I turned to walk away, someone tapped on my shoulder and my heart nearly jumped out of my mouth. It turned out to be one of my friends. The 3 women were still being spoken to by the police officer when I walked away. Somehow, it just seemed like much ado about very little.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there, You have done an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and personally suggest
to my friends. I am sure they'll be benefited from this site.

My blog post; Diet Plans That Work