Friday, May 09, 2008

Near Collision

What do you think happened here off the Western tip of Lantou?

I believe the boat in the middle realized it was heading towards a collision with the boat at the bottom. So it turned right to avoid the other boat.

What would have happened had it not turned? I guess we will never know. May be the other boat would turn? What would have happened if both turned, but in the wrong directions, e.g., both turning to the left of the photo? What about the boat at the top?

If this were a game of “chicken”, the boat in the middle would have been the chicken, having been scared off the confrontation. The loser in some people’s eyes. In situations like this, I would prefer to be called “chicken” rather than killing myself or someone else. What would you have done?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am extremely inspired with your writing talents as smartly as with the structure for your blog.
Is that this a paid topic or did you customize it your self?

Either way stay up the nice high quality
writing, it's uncommon to peer a nice blog like this one these days..

Stop by my web blog :: diet plan