Tuesday, June 03, 2008

God Must Exist

There are people who do not believe in the existence of God. And some people believe that, even if there is a god, he may not be the just, loving God that the Christians believe in.

To me, I firmly believe in God who is just and loving. Because, if there is no god and the world is just a matter of random coincidences, then nothing has meaning and this world is really not worth living in.

On the other hand, if there is a god and he is not just, then the good do not get rewarded and the bad do not get punished. Things are just too arbitrary and I simply cannot stand it.

Finally, if there is a god and he is not loving, then this world is just too cruel. Consequently I cannot expect to love and be loved. Then it is just too hopeless and I might just as well stop living now.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apart from other things, as I studied the world of Chemistry as a University student, I had to believe that there must be a supernatural being having such immense wisdom and power to be able to create the fascinating physical atomic and sub-atomic world. Ann

StephenC said...

Chemistry was my worst subject in HKCEE taken N years ago :)

What little bit of chemistry I know, however, fascinates me.

It seems the closer people look at these things, whether organic or inorganic, the more intricate things get.

The world is so beautiful.