Monday, February 16, 2009

Tun Mun Sunset

We were in Tun Mun for a wedding banquet and I took the chance to watch the sunset. It is one of the few pleasures in Tun Mun - watching the sunset over the ocean. In this case, because it is Hong Kong, the sun was actually setting over a bunch of cargo ships. Nevertheless, it was beautiful in its own way.

The wedding itself was quite remarkable. K and S have been dating for several years, when my wife and I met Karen through Sunday School at church. S is a Christian and wants to marry a Christian. Unfortunately, S was not and was rather strong in his un-belief. So it was a stalemate. We wanted to get to know them better, so we invited them to our Christmas party in 2007. We did get to talk with S about faith a bit but there was no obvious change in S’s position.

Shortly afterwards, we were in a prayer meeting at church, and I found myself in a small group with S and C, a non-believer. I braced myself for a discussion on faith with two non-believers.
Amazingly, I heard S trying to convince C that God does answer prayers. It turned out that he had decided to commit himself to God! Naturally, K was overjoyed and so were we. The rest, of course, is history. Today, we attended their touching wedding ceremony in the 80 year old Union Church in Yau Ma Tei and the beautiful banquet in a marquee in Tun Mun.

All we can say is that God works in mysterious ways, and we are thankful.



No comments: