Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Chile

As our plane approached Santiago in Chile, we could see the coastal range of mountains. They are a range of mountains in between the Andes and the Pacific Ocean. We could also see how people have been trying to develop the land along the rivers into productive fields, just like farmers every where.

Then we saw the central valley in which Santiago is situated. The valley is in between the Andes, which we could not see from my side of the plane, and the coastal range.

Many of my friends wonder why I like to take photographs of aerial views of the earth. Other than the fact that they are so beautiful, it is also because they give me a different perspective of the world that we live in.

From on high, everything looks so small and insignificant - land, buildings, empire, people. Yet God relates to each and everyone of us. It gives me a great impression of the vastness of God’s creation, and the depth of his love for us humans.





No comments: