Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Round Rainbow

If you see a round rainbow above the clouds in the photograph, you are not seeing things. Nor is the photograph a fake. It was taken this morning on my way from Toronto to Santiago, Chile.

You can sometimes see a rainbow when the sun is directly behind you and there is a mist directly in front of you. Normally, only half of the rainbow is seen because you are standing somewhere on earth. The sun rays below your feet - blocked by the earth - simply cannot pass through.

When you are in an airplane flying at high altitude, however, complete round rainbows can be seen. It is faint but very beautiful.

I think God made it for us to admire, and to remember him by.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God wanted to entertain you as you had to fly 30 hours away from your family.

Let's also do some little kind things to those around us.

StephenC said...

Yeah, I am thankful. And I do try - I consider it a privilege to be able to do good things for those around me.