Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Lost of a life

The newspapers early this morning reported that a woman was killed by a falling steel gate. The photograph in the newspaper looked familiar - the tiles, the walls, even the killer gate - it dawned on me that it was part of the building I am living in.

And then I saw a bunch of people gesticulating on the footbridge - I was standing right in front of the scene of the tragedy.

It gave me quite a shock. Just a day ago, a person younger than I am was killed suddenly, unexpectedly, right there. The mother of her two young children, the wife of her husband, the daughter of her parents. She was said to be a good mother and wife, and certainly a good friend to many others. I can imagine the pain and the void that is now left in the lives of so many people.

Life is really too capricious for a life to be taken away so suddenly, without a good reason. It is unbearable if there will not be a satisfactory resolution in the future for such suffering.


No comments: