Friday, March 05, 2010

People of the Andes

More people we encountered in Chile. Lots of them in the city of Santiago. Many of them in the seaside city of Valparaiso. These are in the mountains of the Andes.

This family was riding a horse together in the beautiful Maipo Canyon.

This lady was sitting thoughtfully across from Mary in front of a church in Los Andes, on the way to the Andes Mountains.

This man was heroically riding (pushing) his bicycle up Highway 60, towards the border at a pass in the Andes Mountains.

These bikers were crossing the border into Angentina, in the direction of Mendosa.

This St. Bernard was in a hotel at Portillo, next to the Laguna del Inca, close to the border crossing into Argentina. A pristine lake fed by the melting ice from the mountain snow. It is a ski resort in winter. In April, there were few people besides the St. Bernard. Well, he (or she) is not really people. But friendly enough.

I hope they are all OK.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got this web site from my friend who informed me regarding this
site and at the moment this time I am browsing this website and reading very
informative content here.

Here is my web site ... how much should i weigh for my height