Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fjords of Norway



The fjords of Norway are really beautiful.  They are long, narrow, and crooked.  They are bounded by soaring mountains, with streams of rocks rolling down the mountains.   There are occasional patches of bright green, sloping fields, some of which are dotted with small, colorful houses.  The water is calm, clean, cold and dark. 


The calm is broken by an occasional dolphin (porpoise?) jumping out of the water.  But they are really hard to catch - with a camera, I mean.


Everywhere one looks, it is as beautiful as a postcard.   But this is summer.   How does one live here in winter?

3 comments:

YTSL said...

I've long wanted to go on a Scandinavian cruise in order to see the fjords... Maybe some day, I will!

StephenC said...

I recommend it. The fjords, I mean. We went on a 2 hour cruise. It was windy and cold even in the height of summer. But the scenes are breathtakingly beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hello there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to
give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading through your posts.

Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects?
Thanks!

Review my web blog what should i weigh