Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Doha Run

I am here to attend a conference on university education.  In the afternoon I presented in a session attended by ~20 people.  It was well-received, but tiring none-the-less.  There were many questions and a few people stayed to discuss.  After that I decided to go out for a run.  


It was hot, but that was expected and did not bother me too much.  What was annoying was that there were little side walk to run on.  And construction was everywhere, making it even harder.  At one point, I ran onto a small man-made island which is part of a hotel.  It seemed like they just finished dumping sand to make the island, and did not have time to build anything on it yet. Such is the state of development of Doha.  It seems they are constructing a concrete city on top of a pile of sand.  



No comments: