Friday, August 05, 2016

Chameleon

I made a number of interesting friends at Manchester Museum earlier in July.  Other than the red-eyed leaf frog from Costa Rica that I posted earlier, I also met a chameleon.  It seemed unfazed by me and the other people, even though some of us were afraid of him.  It was calm and moved slowly but steadily.  I also learned that it changes colour due more to its changed mood than for purposes of camouflage.  


I also met a python.  I thought I would be sacred a bit.  Surprisingly, no.  Like the chameleon, it didn’t want to stay in place but kept moving around.  It looks slimy, but is actually quite dry to the touch.  


There was, of course, this amazing tree frog.  


We should have a place like the Manchester Museum at our university.





No comments: